OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- The Ossining Union Free School District was recently named one of the “ Best Communities for Music Education ” by the National Association of Music Merchants Foundation.
- Ossining's Samuel Rivera, who was paralyzed in the Metro-North train derailment that occurred in Spuyten Duyvil in the Bronx, will be suing Metro-North Railroad for $100 million to pay for the costs of his medical care.
- Westchester County Board of Legislators Catherine Borgia (D-Ossining) is getting support for proposed legislation that would raise the minimum age to buy cigarettes from 18 to 19 years old.
- Nine Westchester neighborhoods have made the list of the Top 25 Richest Neighborhoods In the New York City Suburbs.
- The man who died after jumping from the Tappan Zee Bridge has been identified as 29-year-old Karl Peterson of Scarsdale , according to a report on LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.