The Ossining community swimming pool will be open to the public extra hours this week in response to the heat wave.
"It's been busy," said lifeguard Sabrina Martin as she cleaned the pool this morning.
The pool will have open swim 3PM to 7PM Thursday and Friday. Those hours are usually reserved for swim team practice.
Residents who do not yet have permits to use the pool at the Joseph G. Caputo Community Center at 95 Broadway can be admitted as guests at the guest rate of $10 per person.
The kiddie pool is currently closed for maintenance but will re-open Saturday at 11 a.m.
The county health department recommended that people drink plenty of non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated drinks and avoid strenuous activities in order to avoid heat-related illnesses.
People should also wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing and use wide-brimmed hats, sunglasses and sun block to protect from the sun, the health department said in a heat advisory.
The Joseph Caputo Community Center will serve as the cooling center for the village of Ossining. It is open until 10 p.m.
What are you doing to beat the heat? Leave your comment below or join TheDailyOssining.com on Facebook.
- 1 Police Search For Suspect After Shooting In Ossining
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Ossining, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Ossining; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Ossining
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow