OSSINING, N.Y. – Marie Heckemeyer, formerly of Ossining, died Dec. 21. She was 81.
Born in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Laureat and Belzemire Leclerc. When she was growing up, Heckemeyer's family lived in several lighthouses along the Connecticut coast, and the last lighthouse where they lived was in Tarrytown.
She worked as a waitress at Gaulin's Restaurant in Elmsford for 30 years. She enjoyed her garden and crocheting and most recently lived in Cold Spring, N.Y.
Heckemeyer is survived by a son, John (Diane) of Cortlandt Manor; a daughter, Barbara Tetrault of Carmel, N.Y.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by two brothers, Andrew and Joseph.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining Man Indicted On Drug Trafficking Charges
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Ossining School Nurses Warn Of Enterovirus Affecting Children
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts