OSSINING, N.Y. – Marie Heckemeyer, formerly of Ossining, died Dec. 21. She was 81.
Born in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Laureat and Belzemire Leclerc. When she was growing up, Heckemeyer's family lived in several lighthouses along the Connecticut coast, and the last lighthouse where they lived was in Tarrytown.
She worked as a waitress at Gaulin's Restaurant in Elmsford for 30 years. She enjoyed her garden and crocheting and most recently lived in Cold Spring, N.Y.
Heckemeyer is survived by a son, John (Diane) of Cortlandt Manor; a daughter, Barbara Tetrault of Carmel, N.Y.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by two brothers, Andrew and Joseph.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining High School Class Of 1985 Celebrates 30-Year Reunion
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Ossining Barber Gino Annelli Retiring After 59 Years
- 5 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway