OSSINING, N.Y. – Marie Heckemeyer, formerly of Ossining, died Dec. 21. She was 81.
Born in Bridgeport, Conn., she was the daughter of Laureat and Belzemire Leclerc. When she was growing up, Heckemeyer's family lived in several lighthouses along the Connecticut coast, and the last lighthouse where they lived was in Tarrytown.
She worked as a waitress at Gaulin's Restaurant in Elmsford for 30 years. She enjoyed her garden and crocheting and most recently lived in Cold Spring, N.Y.
Heckemeyer is survived by a son, John (Diane) of Cortlandt Manor; a daughter, Barbara Tetrault of Carmel, N.Y.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by two brothers, Andrew and Joseph.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Leach & Thomas Funeral Home in Ossining.
- 1 Ossining Man Charged With Thefts From Porches
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 More Than Half Of Ossining's Middle School Students Opt Out Of Math Tests
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident