OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining last week:
- Ossining Police have declared Brookside School and its immediate area safe after investigating a report of an unusual noise outside the school early Thursday afternoon.
- State Police are seeking the public’s assistance to help locate three missing residents of the Berkshire Farm Center for Youth in Canaan, N.Y., who they say may be heading to or in the Westchester/Putnam area.
- Bernard Kilkenny, 34, of Wappinger, N.Y., was arraigned Thursday in U.S. District Court in White Plains and charged with robbing gas stations and convenience stores in Westchester, Orange, Putnam and Dutchess counties after brandishing a BB gun.
- The vast reorganization of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York will merge several churches and parishes and could include three churches in White Plains and another four among Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-On-Hudson and Ardsley, according to The New York Times.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced on Wednesday that New York State would ban hydraulic fracturing as a result of the potential health risks associated with the practice.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.