OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- A gas leak at Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining was caused by loose fitting equipment, Con Edison officials said.
- Nero, the dog that saved his family from a Nov. 24 fire that destroyed their Yorktown home, was found dead.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference Monday afternoon at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.
- State wildlife biologists are examining the body of a female moose that was struck by a vehicle on the Taconic State Parkway just north of the Westchester County line.
- The engineer in Sunday's Metro-North derailment in the Bronx that killed four people and injured dozens has been suspended without pay, according to NBC News.