OSSINING, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- A gas leak at Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining was caused by loose fitting equipment, Con Edison officials said.
- Nero, the dog that saved his family from a Nov. 24 fire that destroyed their Yorktown home, was found dead.
- The train that derailed Sunday morning in the Bronx was traveling at 82 miles per hour when it went over a curve, National Transportation Safety Board member Earl Weener said at a press conference Monday afternoon at the Hampton Inn in Yonkers.
- State wildlife biologists are examining the body of a female moose that was struck by a vehicle on the Taconic State Parkway just north of the Westchester County line.
- The engineer in Sunday's Metro-North derailment in the Bronx that killed four people and injured dozens has been suspended without pay, according to NBC News.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.