There's a lot to do this weekend, but remember to drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids to stay hydrated in the heat! Here's a list of family-friendly activities around Ossining:
- Ossining waterfront concert, 7:30 p.m.
Beat the heat by relaxing next to the Hudson River to the tunes of Jigsaww, a funky pop/rock, R&B band inspired by southern black gospel traditions.
- Ossining SummerFest, 4:30 p.m.
Enjoy live music by up-and-coming local bands, children's rides and games, a light show, drama acts, food vendors and more at SummerFest, a festival organized by Ossining-based OJH Productions. Local bands include The Melillo Brothers and Left in the Attic.
Festivities will take place at Market Square at the corner of Main and Spring Streets.
- St. Augustine's Italian Festival, 6 p.m. 11 p.m.
Children's rides and games, zeppoles and other Italian food, a DJ, a casino and a White Elephant sale have been going on at St. Augustine's church grounds since Tuesday. The six-day festival will go on until Sunday night.
- Battle of the Bands, 6 p.m.
Playland Park in Rye will host a competition for the best band in the metro area. Parking costs $5.
- Big Band Music On The Boardwalk, 7:30 p.m.
Milt Gerver and his orchestra will play music from the Big Band era on the boardwalk at Playland Park in Rye.
- The Louis Engel Waterfront Park spray play area will be open until 7 p.m. due to weather over 90 degrees.
- The Joseph G. Caputo Community Center will serve as the cooling center for residents of the village of Ossining. It is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- "Eternal Tango" Summer Concert, 6 p.m. 8 p.m.
Bring your own lawn chair and picnic dinner and enjoy the tango music at Ladson Park Arboretum & Veterans' Memorial on Route 35 in Somers. Light refreshments will be on sale. Admission is $17 for adults, $12 for seniors, $7 for children 5- 12, and free for children under five.
- Hispanic Heritage Celebration, 12 p.m. 7 p.m.
Enjoy ethnic food, music, dance, entertainment, arts and crafts at the Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla, NY. Admission is free.
- Salt Marsh Explorations At Low Tide, 11 a.m.
See small invertebrates, flying ospreys and crabs as you explore one of the most ecologically important habitats on earth at the Marshlands Conservancy on Route 1 in Rye. Long pants and shoes recommended. Admission is free.
- Perennials and Shrubs For Shade, 2 p.m. 3 p.m.
A horticulturalist will give a walking tour highlighting perennial plants and shrubs that do well in the shadier areas of a landscape at Ladson Park, Arboretum & Veterans' Memorial on Route 35 in Somers. Admission is free.
Do you have an event you'd like to publicize? Use our "Add Your Event" button under "Ossining Week Ahead" to add your event.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.