OSSINING, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ossining this week:
- Members of the Ossining Boat and Canoe Club debated at a town board meeting on the feasibility of a restaurant on the second floor of its building.
- The Village of Ossining and Metro-North Commuter Railroad have completed a project that should help ease flooding problems along the railroad tracks just north of the Ossining train station.
- A Tarrytown woman was found dead after police responded to a report of a gas leak near the intersection of South Broadway and Church Street.
- As the government shutdown enters its second week with no end in sight, Westchester residents are growing increasingly frustrated over the stalemate.
- A series of new pavement markers and added signage on Westchester County parkways have led to a decided decrease in tractor trailers striking low hanging overpasses, a problem that has plagued the area for years.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.