This story has been updated.
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The dangerous dog that escaped from the SPCA of Westchester in Briarcliff was located by a police patrol unit Wednesday and has been returned to the SPCA, Westchester Police said.
Police had warned residents on that a dog that is possibly a Pit bull mix escaped late Monday morning from SPCA of Westchester on North State Road in Briarcliff Manor.
The dog is brown colored and weighs between 50 and 60 pounds. In issuing the advisory, the police warned that the dog is not friendly and will bite if approached.
- 1 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 2 Former Ossining Bank Manager Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Customers
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield