OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Village of Ossining issued a boil water advisory Friday for approximately 5,000 residents due to a water main break on Route 134 near Route 9A.
The advisory, through Sunday at the earliest, is for residents as far west as Route 9; as far east as Morningside Drive; as far north as Hawkes Avenue at Bridle Path Road and as far south as Macy Road at Wolden Road.
A boil water advisory means that residents in the affected area must boil all tap water at a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute prior to drinking it or using it for food preparation, washing dishes by hand and brushing teeth.
Restaurants, delis, bodegas and all food service establishments in the affected area must also boil water before serving it or using it to prepare food. Residents can also use bottled water as an alternative to boiling.
For more information, residents should contact the Village of Ossining Water Department at 914-941-4661 or visit their website at www.villageofossining.org.
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Ossining Girls Basketball Team Heads To Section 1 Class AA Final
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing