CORTLANDT MANOR, N.Y. -- State Assemblywoman Sandy Galef, D-Ossining, will host a senior forum on Thursday, July 16, at Cortlandt Town Hall.
The free event runs from 9 a.m. to noon. Town Hall is at 1 Heady St. in Cortlandt Manor. Breakfast will be provided by ShopRite of Peekskill beginning at 9 a.m.
Galef said that, although the forum specifically addresses senior issues, all are welcome to attend.
The following are scheduled to speak at the forum, and their topics:
- New York Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will address state issues.
- David Leven, of End of Life Choice New York, will talk about life planning.
- Burton Greenberg, of Caregiver Insights Foundation, will introduce a device that can help track and access important personal health details.
- Roxanne Watson, organ donation recipient, will share her story and talk on the importance of organ donation.
- Dr. Paul Lleva, a neurologist at Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow, will discuss how to keep minds active at any age.
- New York Assistant Attorney General Gary Brown will give tips on avoiding scams that target seniors.
- Danielle Jones, of the state Comptroller’s Office, will talk about ways of finding out if any money is in the New York State Unclaimed Funds Account.
Also appearing at the event will be master storyteller Jonathan Kruk, who will entertain with tales of the Civil War and President Lincoln’s visit to the Hudson Valley. Paul Martin, director of the Lincoln Depot Museum in Peekskill, will highlight activities at the museum.
Local communities are currently marking the 150th anniversary of Lincoln’s visit.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.