WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state ranks second to last for states for military retirees, according to WalletHub's 2014 list.
The social network of financial reviews based its findings on various categories such as tax policies and military benefits, job market, health care rank and other socio-economic variables. Job market was a large factor in determining the list considering the average officer is only 45.2 years old at retirement and enlisted personnel are 41.4 years of age, the site said.
New York was also included in the top five list of highest percentage of homeless veterans per number of veterans.
For the full list visit WalletHub.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 4 Letter To The Editor: Business Not As Usual In Ossining
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says