WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state ranks second to last for states for military retirees, according to WalletHub's 2014 list.
The social network of financial reviews based its findings on various categories such as tax policies and military benefits, job market, health care rank and other socio-economic variables. Job market was a large factor in determining the list considering the average officer is only 45.2 years old at retirement and enlisted personnel are 41.4 years of age, the site said.
New York was also included in the top five list of highest percentage of homeless veterans per number of veterans.
For the full list visit WalletHub.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Fatal Crash Involving Pleasantville Girl
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern