WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – New York state ranks second to last for states for military retirees, according to WalletHub's 2014 list.
The social network of financial reviews based its findings on various categories such as tax policies and military benefits, job market, health care rank and other socio-economic variables. Job market was a large factor in determining the list considering the average officer is only 45.2 years old at retirement and enlisted personnel are 41.4 years of age, the site said.
New York was also included in the top five list of highest percentage of homeless veterans per number of veterans.
For the full list visit WalletHub.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 4 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'