OSSINING, NY -- Senior citizens from throughout Westchester County are invited to hear about special services for them at the Westchester County Senior Fair on Thursday at the Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, 95 Broadway, in Ossining.
State Sen. David Carlucci, a Rockland County Democrat, is hosting the event with Assemblywoman Sandy Galef, an Ossining Democrat.
Starting at 10 a.m., the event is an opportunity for area senior citizens to hear about services available and speak with experts in real estate, health care, insurance and other areas. A variety of state agencies and vendors offering services for seniors will also be there.
Below is the schedule of speakers for the day:
- 10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. - welcoming remarks: Carlucci, Galef, U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey and representatives from Phelps Memorial Hospital Cener.
- 11a.m. - 11:25 a.m. - aging in place/downsizing your home, presented by Allison Jaffe, real estate broker;
- 11:25 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. - senior living options in Westchester, presented by Douglas Thomas, executive director at a senior living facility;
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:05 p.m. - Medicaid and managed long-term care programs, presented by Colin Sandler, elder care consultant;
- 12:05 p.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Medicare and the Affordable Care Act, presented by Lakezia Carmichael.
- 12:30 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. - “Finding Your Voice through Memoir Writing,” presented by Nancy Kessler;
- 12:50 p.m. - 1:10 p.m. - Yoga for seniors, presented by Michèle Rafferty.
For more details, call Justin Devendorf at (315)-491-7564.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.