OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Jug Tavern of Sparta will conduct a walking tour of the Sparta neighborhood at the south end of Ossining on Sunday, June 8.
The tour will begin at 1 p.m. at the Jug Tavern at Rockledge Avenue and Revolutionary Road, behind the CVS, with a showing of the new video “The Battle for Sparta.”
Participants will then walk about six blocks through the neighborhood, learning about the historic homes in the landmark district and wind up back at the Jug Tavern at about 3 p.m.
The tour will be led by Alan Stahl, a historian who serves as president of the Jug Tavern Inc., the not-for-profit that operates the historic building at the entrance to the Sparta community.
The tour is free, but participation is limited to 20 people. For a reservation or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future tours are scheduled for Sunday, July 13, and Sunday, Aug. 10. Additional tours can be arranged for groups; contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
- 1 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Ossining
- 2 Ossining Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 3 Federal Agency Approves Controversial Algonquin Pipeline Expansion
- 4 Target, With Three Westchester Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Several Accidents Reported On Slick Westchester Roadways