OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Jug Tavern of Sparta will conduct a walking tour of the Sparta neighborhood at the south end of Ossining on Sunday, June 8.
The tour will begin at 1 p.m. at the Jug Tavern at Rockledge Avenue and Revolutionary Road, behind the CVS, with a showing of the new video “The Battle for Sparta.”
Participants will then walk about six blocks through the neighborhood, learning about the historic homes in the landmark district and wind up back at the Jug Tavern at about 3 p.m.
The tour will be led by Alan Stahl, a historian who serves as president of the Jug Tavern Inc., the not-for-profit that operates the historic building at the entrance to the Sparta community.
The tour is free, but participation is limited to 20 people. For a reservation or further information, contact email@example.com.
Future tours are scheduled for Sunday, July 13, and Sunday, Aug. 10. Additional tours can be arranged for groups; contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 4 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Ossining Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'