WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Meet a superhero, celebrate the history of the American flag and take a beautiful nature walk this week in Westchester County.
1. The 34th Annual Ossining Village Fair on Saturday, June 14, beginning at 10 a.m.
One of the community’s premier events of the year, the 34th annual Ossining Village Fair reflects the unique character of the village with a celebration that includes a wide range of vendors, food, games and live entertainment. Rain date is Sunday, June 15. Free. 5 Main St.
2. Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony for Restoration of the Link of the Old Croton Aqueduct Trail between Lyndhurst and Gracemere Park in Tarrytown on Sunday, June 15, at 11 a.m. Join the Friends of the Old Croton Aqueduct in honoring those who facilitated the reopening of this long-dormant trail. There is free parking at Lyndhurst in the upper parking lot if you show this notice at the gatehouse. Free. 635 S. Broadway.
3. New York Comic Fest at the County Center in White Plains on Saturday, June 14, from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
This family-friendly, one-day event features some of the comic industry's biggest writers and artists from renowned companies such as Marvel, DC and tons of independent publishers. Enjoy vendors, art dealers, panel discussions, costume and trivia contests. There's also a rumor floating around that the Batmobile might make an appearance. $20 in advance, $25 at the door, children younger than12 free. 198 Central Ave.
4. Historic Flag Day Dedication in Peekskill on Saturday, June 14, at 3 p.m.
This installation and dedication of a 21-foot flagpole at Westchester County’s newest historic facility will mark the first official raising of a flag at the place where Abraham Lincoln gave his only speech in Westchester County on his way to the White House on Feb. 19, 1861. The Lincoln Depot Museum has been completely restored and includes advanced educational and exhibition facilities. Free. Intersection of Water Street and Central Avenue.
5. Hastings' Purple Crayon's "PitchOn! " on Saturday, June 14, at 8:30 p.m.
The Purple Crayon in Hastings-on-Hudson will host its first-ever "PitchOn!" event, an innovative evening of song and crowd funding that invites "inventive geniuses" to the stage to sing karaoke and pitch their ideas for imaginative projects that are in need of sponsoring. Free. 52 Main St.
We're sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments section below.