WESTCHESTER, N.Y. – Westchester residents will be able to catch some more summer bliss this weekend – which promises to be rain free – at these great events.
1. Ossining's Independence Day Fireworks at Louis Engel Waterfront Park on Friday, July 11 at 7 p.m.
Enjoy live entertainment and fireworks at scenic Louis Engel Waterfront Park. Free. Secor Road and Westerly Road (next to the Ossining Railroad Station).
2. Preserving the Harvest: Pickling Workshop at Yorktown's Hilltop Hanover Farm from 1 to 4 p.m.
Come join Farmer Will Summers of the Stony Point Center for this hands-on pickling workshop, where you'll learn how to take your favorite summer veggies and turn them into sour snacks that you can enjoy all year long. Registration is required; $25 per person, $10 for children ages 8 to 12. Call 914-962-2368 or register online here. 1271 Hanover St.
3. Polish Heritage Celebration at Valhalla's Kensico Dam on Sunday, July 13 from noon to 6 p.m.
Celebrate Polish heritage with live music, dance, poetry, folk songs, food and vendors. The event will also include an opportunity for visitors to meet this year’s Pulaski Day Parade marshal and the reigning Miss Polonia. Free. The Kensico Dam Plaza is located at the northern end of the Bronx River Parkway in Valhalla.
4. 60 Years of Summers: Yonkers' Cross County Shopping Center’s 60th Anniversary on Saturday, July 12 all day
This all-day festival will include decades-themed fashion shows, live concerts, food trucks and children’s activities. Additionally, Food Bank for Westchester will have its mobile pantry on site to raise money for the approximately 200,000 Westchester residents hungry or at risk of being hungry. The night will end with a fireworks display. Free. 8000 Mall Walk.
5. Tenth Annual Pleasantville Music Festival on Saturday, July 12 from noon to 8:30 p.m.
Enjoy twelve musical acts, including Ian Hunter and the Rant Band, Amy Helm and The Handsome Strangers, Augustana, Scars on 45 and more on two stages. Tickest are $50 for adults; $25 for seniors older than 62 and children ages 12 to 22. Children 11 and younger admitted for free. Tickets must be purchased online here. 861 Bedford Road.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading this weekend and why in the comments below.