WESTCHESTER COUNTY. N.Y. -- Laugh out loud, taste delicious food, go shopping, catch some tunes and even get Fido a bath in Westchester this weekend.
1. The Village of Ossining's Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. Friday
Catch a free outdoor musical performance by Breakfast for the Boys at 160 Westerly Road. Additional performers include Roger LaRochelle, Sam Smith, Lukas Brenard, and Damien Jackson. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring seating and bring along their picnic baskets.
2. Tarrytown's "Third Friday" from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. this Friday
This week's "Third Friday" will feature music from The Slow Rollers; aerial shows at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. from Westchester Circus Arts; a free screening of The LEGO Movie; vendors; freebies; face painting and more at Main Street and Washington.
3. The National Comedy Theatre at Yonkers' Hudson River Museum Amphitheater at 8 p.m. Saturday
New York’s nationally acclaimed improvised comedy act creates an entire show on the spot with your suggestions. This free show is fast moving and hilarious, "it’s bound to be the most fun you’ll have sitting down." Doors open at 7:30 p.m., program starts at 8 p.m. at the amphitheater on JFK Memorial Drive.
4. The New Rochelle Humane Society's 14th Annual Dog Wash from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday
At this fund-raiser at 70 Portman Road, Fido can get star treatment with a dog wash, nail clipping and microchipping. Many vendors also will be on hand, including dog trainers, groomers, walkers, veterinarians, photographers to snap a family portrait and even a "paw reader." Admission is free. Dog washes will cost a $20 - $40 suggested donation; nail clipping will cost $10, microchipping will cost $40; and family portraits will cost $15.
5. Pleasantville Farmer's Market from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday
Voted by Westchester Magazine readers as the Best of Westchester in 2014, this farmers market boasts 50 vendors, seven nearby parking lots and weekly programming. This week Isra-Alien, a band that blends Greek, Balkan, Eastern-European and Jewish/Klezmer music traditions, will provide live entertainment. The kids’ event will feature the Nemec family making "loop-de-loop butterflies." This free event will be at Memorial Plaza (next to the Metro North train station).
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below. Want to see your event here?
- 1 State Police Warn Ossining Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Ossining Girls Basketball Team Heads To Section 1 Class AA Final
- 5 Police Officer Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car At Rail Crossing