OSSINING, N.Y. -- The Jug Tavern will conduct a walking tour of the historic Sparta neighborhood at the south end of Ossining on Sunday, Aug. 10.
The tour will begin at the Jug Tavern (Rockledge Avenue and Revolutionary Road, behind the CVS) at 1 p.m. with a showing of the newly produced video “The Battle for Sparta.”
Participants will then walk about six blocks through the neighborhood learning about the historic homes in the landmark district and wind up back at the Jug Tavern around 3 p.m.
The tour will be led by Dr. Alan Stahl, a historian who serves as vice president of the Jug Tavern, Inc., the not-for-profit that operates the historic building at the entrance to the Sparta community.
The tour is free, but participation is limited to 20 people.
Following tours are scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 7, Sunday, Oct. 5 and Sunday, Nov. 9. Additional tours can be arranged for groups. Contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
For a reservation or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about The Jug Tavern click here.
- 1 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 2 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 State Approves 7.1 Percent Health Insurance Rate Hike
- 5 Open Houses In Ossining This Weekend