OSSINING, N.Y. -- State Sen. David Carlucci and state Rep. Sandy Galef will host a senior event Thursday to offer information about community resources they may be able to utilize.
The 10 a.m. event at the Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, 95 Broadway, Ossining, will last about three hours and cover several topics vital to seniors, according to Carlucci (D-Rockland/Westchester) and Galef (D-Ossining).
Seniors also will have the chance to speak with representatives from various health, legal and housing services provided throughout Westchester County. The schedule includes:
- 10:30-11 a.m. - Welcoming remarks from Carlucci, Galef, Rep.Nita Lowey and representatives from Phelps Hospital.
- 11-11:25 a.m. - "Aging in Place/Downsizing Your Home" presented by Allison Jaffe, real estate broker.
- 11:25-11:45 a.m. - "Senior Living Options in Westchester" presented by Douglas Thomas, executive director at a senior living facility.
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. - "Medicaid and Managed Long Term Care Programs" presented by Colin Sandler, elder care consultant.
- 12:05-12:30 p.m. - "Medicare and the Affordable Care Act" presented by Lakezia Carmichael.
- 12:30-12:50 p.m. - "Finding Your Voice through Memoir Writing" presented by Nancy Kessler.
- 12:50-1:10 p.m. - "Yoga for Seniors" presented by Michèle Rafferty.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.