BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. -- Briarcliff Rotary Club, along with the town’s fire department and ambulance corps will be collecting medical supplies and other necessities for the Afya Foundation to support health initiatives in Africa and the Caribbean at Saturday’s Community Day.
Some examples of medical supplies the groups are requesting include stethoscopes, patient gowns, blood pressure cuffs, alcohol/peroxide (sealed), IV solutions, underpads, protective gloves and surgical masks. They will also collect closed shoes and sneakers, sports equipment, baby supplies and personal hygiene items, such as hand sanitizers, soaps, shampoos and toothpaste. Click on the attached PDF for a complete list of requested donations.
The Yonkers-based Afya Foundation donates medical supplies, hospital equipment and humanitarian provisions from the New York healthcare community and private communities to other regions of the world. The Foundation has enlisted the support of the Briarcliff organizations to collect items at Community Day.
Visit ericlebenson.raveis.com to learn more.
- 1 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 2 Officer Sues Shoe Manufacturer In White Plains Court After Injury
- 3 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 4 State Approves 7.1 Percent Health Insurance Rate Hike
- 5 Open Houses In Ossining This Weekend