ARMONK, N.Y. -- Armonk-based IBM announced it will invest $3 billion over the next five years to help develop smaller, more powerful processors to push computer technology forward, according to CNET.com.
The first goal is to create chips with transistors that would measure just 7 nanometers, or a thousandth of the width of a human hair, CNET.com said.
The next goal is to potentially find a replacement for silicon, that will allow components to run faster since component speeds are beginning to exceed the capabilities of the semiconductor material, CNET.com reported.
- 1 Susan Louise Bingell, 65, Longtime Ossining Resident
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Ossining Police Investigate Unusual Noise At School, Declaring Area Safe
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Ossining
- 5 New Ossining Police Officer Graduates From County Academy